- The Final Exam Schedule is posted under LBHS.ca/FOR STUDENTS/JUNE 2016 Final Exams
- Graduation Banquet tickets are now on sale.
- The link is under LBHS.ca/FOR STUDENTS/GRADUATION 2016
School Web Site Transition
By March 31, 2016, our school will begin to use the CBE web site for Lord Beaverbrook High School as the sole web site for our school. Gradually between now and that date, changes will be made to lbhs.ca to reduce content and to re-purpose the site. The CBE web site for Lord Beaverbrook High School can be found here: http://schools.cbe.ab.ca/b850
LBHS Learning Conversations-One Year Out
A little over one year ago our school engaged in Learning Conversations with our school community, students, parents/guardians and staff. All of those conversations generated a “ton” of very useful ideas, thinking and information. The Student Learning Symposium in January 2015 allowed our students to share their thoughts about our school. Since then we have acted on their ideas in the following ways:
- Quick Wins: Learning Leader for Student Empowerment (Hired!); Career/Student Futures Fair (Scheduled for March 10!); Communications Working Group (Established!); Technology access-laptops in the Learning Commons for sign-out (Done!); LBHS App Design (In Progress!); Learning Commons Re-Design (Done!); Pep Rallies/Student Celebrations (Started!); Success in Learning Days (Started!); Thirty staff attended provincial Moving Forward with High School Re-Design sessions (Continuing!)
- Longer Term Initiatives: School Development Plan (Third year-ongoing work!); Iris implementation (Started!); School Wellness Initiative (Forming!); Flexibility (Investigating!)
- We are listening and taking action on items and issues both outside of and inside the classroom related to student learning and student success. Go Lords! Go JBA Canucks! Be fiercely proud!